Pakistan launches representation to Taliban regime following terror attack in Bajaur, KP

Security officers stand outside the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad in this undated image. — AFP/File
  • Approach taken after the death of soldiers in Bajaur.
  • Islamabad seeks action against TTP leaders.
  • Pakistan warns against responding to cross-border threats.

Pakistan summoned the Afghan mission and launched a strong representation to the Afghan Taliban regime following the deadly terrorist attack in Bajaur district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa that claimed the lives of 11 Pakistan Army soldiers.

“Pakistan has condemned in the strongest possible terms the vehicle-borne suicide terrorist attack followed by firing on the Pakistan Army and law enforcement post in Bajaur, carried out by Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (Fitna al Khwarij),” said a press release issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thursday.

This action follows the cowardly terrorist attack against a joint security and law enforcement (LEA) checkpoint on February 16.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), at least 12 terrorists belonging to an India-backed proxy were killed while 11 security personnel embraced martyrdom in the attack.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in this process, expressed serious concern that the TTP, whose leadership is based in Afghanistan, continues to operate with impunity from Afghan soil.

It was highlighted again that Pakistan had received repeated assurances from the Afghan Taliban regime, but unfortunately no visible or concrete action followed.

The Afghan Taliban regime has been called upon to take immediate, concrete and verifiable measures against all terrorist groups operating from its territory, including their leaders, the spokesperson added.

The spokesperson said the Afghan Taliban regime has also been categorically informed that Pakistan reserves the right to respond and eliminate any Khwarij belonging to the TTP as well as their affiliates, wherever they may be, in order to ensure the security of its soldiers, civilians and territorial boundaries.

Pakistan has seen a rise in cross-border terrorist incidents since the Taliban regained control of Afghanistan in 2021. The provinces of KP and Balochistan, which border Afghanistan, have been particularly affected by these attacks.

Earlier, ISPR Director General Lt Gen Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry in his statement on January 6 this year said that law enforcement agencies had carried out 75,175 PCIs across the country in 2025.

Giving a breakdown, he said 14,658 IBO operations were carried out in KP, 58,778 in Balochistan, while 1,739 operations took place in the rest of the country.

Lt Gen Chaudhry said 5,397 terrorist incidents were reported across the country in the last year. Of these, 3,811 incidents, he said, occurred in KP, 1,557 in Balochistan and 29 incidents were reported from other parts of the country.

He said 2,597 terrorists were killed in anti-terrorism operations last year. While providing details of 10 major terrorist attacks across the country, he said civilians and soft targets had been deliberately targeted and Afghan militants were involved in all the attacks.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top