Afghan national arrested in Texas over alleged bomb threat

This undated image shows Mohammad Dawood Alokozay. -Fox News
  • DHS says suspect posts allusion to Fort Worth bomb on TikTok.
  • Court records show a terroristic threatening charge in a Texas case.
  • DHS says the second recent attacker also came via the Biden program.

An Afghan national who entered the United States under the Biden administration’s “Operation Allies Welcome” program was arrested after allegedly posting a TikTok video suggesting he was building a bomb intended for the Fort Worth, Texas area, according to a report from Fox Newsciting the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Court documents show the suspect, identified as Mohammad Dawood Alokozay, was charged at the state level with terroristic threatening.

Alokozay was arrested Tuesday, a day before the shooting in Washington, D.C., by the Texas Department of Public Safety and a joint FBI terrorism task force as part of a coordinated law enforcement effort, according to the report.

The report notes that Rahmanullah Lakanwal, the shooter who fatally shot two National Guard members earlier this week, also entered the country through the same resettlement program.

The resettlement program was established by Biden after the US military withdrawal from Afghanistan in August 2021, which led to the rapid collapse of the Afghan government and the Taliban takeover of the country.

Following the attack, US President Donald Trump said his administration would “permanently suspend” immigration from all “third world countries”, following an attack near the White House that he blamed on the failures of Biden-era immigration controls.

Trump did not identify any countries by name or explain what he meant by third world countries or “permanent pause.” He said the plan would include cases approved during former President Joe Biden’s administration.

“I will permanently suspend migration from all third world countries to allow the US system to fully recover, I will end Biden’s millions of illegal admissions, including those signed by Sleepy Joe Biden’s auto-open, and I will deport anyone who is not a net asset to the United States,” he said on his social media platform, Truth Social.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top