Conan O’Brien has shared his deep sadness following the tragic deaths of his friends, director Rob Reiner and his wife Michele.
The couple was found dead in their home on December 14, just one day after attending O’Brien’s annual Christmas party in Los Angeles.
Addressing the New Yorkers In a recently published interview, the comedian admitted that he was still struggling to come to terms with his loss.
“It’s so horrible,” O’Brien said, reflecting on Rob’s active role in the country and how much he’s invested.
He noted that it was still difficult for him to understand how such a loud voice would fall silent so suddenly.
O’Brien and his wife had become increasingly close to the couple in recent years.
He described Rob and Michele as “lovely people” and recalled the frightening experience of saying goodnight to them at his party, only to learn they were gone the next day.
The host shared that the shock of the news stayed with him long after.
The tragedy took a darker turn when it was revealed the couple had been stabbed to death.
Their 32-year-old son, Nick, has since been arrested and charged with two counts of first-degree murder.
Reports from the night of the party suggest the family argued during the event.
Nick, an aspiring director who has a history of substance abuse and was being treated for schizophrenia, currently faces a maximum sentence of life in prison or the death penalty.
The legal matter faced its own complications.
Nick’s high-profile lawyer, Alan Jackson, unexpectedly dropped the case just before a scheduled court hearing in January.
Although Jackson declined to give specific reasons for his resignation, he told the Hot microphone podcast that something had happened that was affecting his team’s ability to continue.
He made it clear that he would not divulge any confidential details, simply stating: “Once I’m done, I’m done.” »
Nick is now expected to be arraigned in court on Monday.




