- Resident Evil Requiem Director Koshi Nakanishi explained why the game offers both a third -person and first -person mode
- Nakanishi says Resident Evil 7 Maybe “too scary” for some players, so a third-person option has been added to requiem in part for this reason
- He also hopes that the option will offer a more pleasant experience to those who “could not finish or did not even start” Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil Requiem has a third -person mode for players who could not manage the first person in Resident Evil 7According to the director of the game Koshi Nakanishi.
In an interview with Gamesradar in Gamescom 2025, Nakanishi recognized that his previously achieved game, Resident Evil 7Could have been too scary and decided to offer two options in the next entry to allow a more pleasant experience.
“Looking back Resident Evil 7Perspective of the first person, I implemented only to make it more immersive and more scary than ever, which, I think most of you know the media and the players, it was an incredibly frightening game, but it was perhaps too scary, “said Nakanishi.
“I think some people could not manage it, and the two could not finish or even started it. And this is something I look back, thinking that you know, I want to make sure people can enjoy this game.”
Resident evil village introduced a third -person mode via downloadable content (DLC) after launch, and like this game, Requiem will also allow the option to switch between the first and the third person by playing, which Nakanishi hopes to make jumps and horror more manageable.
“So, if you started the game in the first person perspective, and you find it too much, then the third person is almost a way to back down this level of horror and make it slightly easier to manage by having the character on the screen as a kind of avatar of yourself,” he said.
Resident Evil Requiem should be launched on February 27, 2026 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PC.