Murad Ali Shah said it was too early to comment on a possible 28th Amendment as no draft has been released yet.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has strongly rejected any possibility of creating a new province within Sindh, urging the public not to take related rumors seriously.
Addressing the media at Bhan Saeedabad Press Club in Jamshoro district on Saturday, the CM reiterated that Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) will always act in the best interest of Pakistan and Sindh.
“Will anyone living in Sindh agree to divide the province? he asked, answering his own question by pointing out that there are no such voices in the province and therefore there is no reason to worry. “There is no question of dividing Sindh,” he said firmly.
Asked about a possible 28th constitutional amendment, CM Murad said it was too early to comment as no draft has been released yet. While avoiding commenting on the potential replacement of Sindh Governor Kamran Tessori, he noted that the appointment of a governor is the prerogative of the Prime Minister and the President.
The CM also expressed concern over rising sugar prices, saying he has asked Chief Secretary Syed Asif Haider Shah to take steps to reduce retail prices while ensuring sugarcane farmers get fair rates for their crops. Although sugarcane harvesting began in October, the provincial government is yet to set purchase prices for mills, although it has announced the start of the crushing season from November 15.
Last year, the government did not set purchase prices for sugarcane or wheat to comply with International Monetary Fund (IMF) conditions. However, the recent announcement of wheat procurement price of Rs 3,500 per maund has raised hopes among farmers for a fair price for cane.
During a spot check of outlets selling agricultural inputs, seeds and fertilizers in rural areas, he assured farmers that the government was monitoring stockpiling and curbing inflationary prices to protect their interests.




