Start of the second phase of Tirah displacement assistance

Over 30,900 families registered in first phase, 1,978 to receive Rs 250,000 each under new tranche

The first phase of shifting families from Maidan area to Tirah in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa district has been completed and the second phase is underway, the district administration confirmed on Wednesday.

A district administration official said in a statement that the process was structured in phases to ensure transparency in registration, verification and disbursement of financial assistance to the affected families.

“During the first phase, a total of 30,945 displaced families from the Maidan area of ​​Tirah Valley were registered. The families also received vehicle rental to facilitate their safe resettlement,” he said.

According to the official, screening and re-verification of displaced families who migrated after February 12 were carried out from that date until February 16. “This exercise was aimed at ensuring data accuracy, transparency and equitable distribution of relief funds,” the official said.

The second phase of the movement began a day ago, during which financial support was also provided.

“So far, 1,978 families have received Rs 250,000 per family through SIM-based mobile transfers, while payments to other affected families are being made in stages.”

The official said travel from the Maidan area continued from January 10 to February 11. In the second phase, special emphasis is placed on timely disbursement of financial assistance and comprehensive verification of deserving families.

Read: Asif rules out any military operation in Tirah; terms “routine” seasonal migration movement

Large-scale displacement is underway from the Tirah Valley, where authorities say nearly 95% of the evacuation process has been completed. More than 26,000 families have been registered in Bara as part of what authorities describe as a major humanitarian and administrative operation in the border region.

Mian Iftikhar Hussain, president of the Awami National Party in KP, sharply criticized the provincial government over the situation of displaced families in Tirah Valley, accusing it of administrative paralysis, insecurity and incompetence.

Evacuations have intensified in recent weeks due to security concerns in the rugged valley, prompting mass displacements and the creation of several registration points. Authorities have introduced biometric verification to prevent fraud, while a verification committee reviews applications to exclude inauthentic applicants.

The crisis has also attracted political attention, with a national jirga endorsing agreements on registration and rehabilitation and affected groups raising concerns about cancellations, delays and the verification process.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top