YouTube and Fox End Row, strike strike to keep the canals in the air

A photo taken in Toulouse shows the YouTube social media logo displayed by a tablet and a smartphone on October 5, 2021. – AFP

YouTube and Fox belonging to Alphabet said Thursday that they had concluded an agreement that would keep Fox News, Fox Sports and other Fox channels available to YouTube television subscribers.

Companies have not disclosed the financial terms of the agreement.

Earlier this week, YouTube had been in negotiations with Fox, the media company requesting payments superior to those received by partners providing comparable content.

On Wednesday, Youtube said that he had concluded a short -term agreement with Fox that would buy time for the parties to conclude a new distribution agreement.

In February, YouTube TV concluded an agreement with the Global Paramount media giant to keep channels like CBS, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available, after the missed negotiations for a new contract which briefly left the future of streaming partnership in Limbo.

The transport dispute drew the attention of the president of the Federal Communications Commission, Brendan Carr, who said that the company by removing the Fox channels from YouTube TV would be “a terrible result”.

“Millions of Americans count on YouTube to solve this dispute so that they can continue to watch the news and the sports they want – including the big game this week: Texas @ Ohio State,” Carr wrote on Tuesday on the social media platform.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top