KP CM condemns Bajaur suicide attack; Naqvi praises forces that foiled terror attack
Twelve terrorists were killed after security forces foiled a terror attack on a joint security and law enforcement check post in Bajaur district on Monday, the army’s media wing reported.
According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the attackers, described as belonging to Indian proxy Fitna al-Khawarij (FAK), attempted to breach the security of the checkpoint. Troops responded quickly, engaging the attackers and eliminating 12 of them as they tried to flee.
Fitna al-Khawarij is a term used by the state to refer to terrorists affiliated with the banned group Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan.
The ISPR said that during the assault, the attackers rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into the boundary wall of the check post. The powerful explosion caused parts of the infrastructure to collapse, leading to the martyrdom of 11 members of the security forces.
“The explosion also damaged nearby residential buildings, killing a young girl and injuring seven others, including women and children,” the statement said.
The ISPR said disinfection operations are underway in the area to eliminate all remaining militants. The officials said the anti-terrorism campaign under the ‘Azm-e-Istehkam’ vision, approved by the Supreme Federal Committee on National Action Plan, would continue in full swing to eliminate foreign-sponsored terrorism.
Security officials said the sacrifices of personnel and civilians underline the determination to safeguard the country.
President Asif Ali Zardari has strongly condemned the cowardly terror attack carried out by Indian-backed Fitna al-Khawarij terrorists in Bajaur.
The President offered prayers for the rising ranks of the martyrs and for patience towards their families, describing the sacrifice of those who gave their lives in defense of the country as strengthening Pakistan’s resolve.
Zardari stressed that the complete eradication of terrorism supported from outside the country remains a top priority.
صدرِ مملکت آصف علی زرداری کی باجوڑ میں بھارتی سرپرستی میں سرگرم فتنہ الخوارج کے دہشت گردوں کے بزدلانہ حملے کی شدید الفاظ میں مذمت۔
صدرِ مملکت کی شہداء کے درجات کی بلندی اور اہلِ خانہ کے لیے صبرِ جمیل کی دعا۔
ملک کے دفاع کے لیے قربانی دینے والے شہداء کی قربانی ہمارے عزم کو… pic.twitter.com/88CLL6bFdU
– PTV News (@PTVNewsOfficial) February 17, 2026
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif strongly condemned the attempted terrorist attack by Fitna al-Khawarij terrorists on a joint security and law enforcement checkpoint in Bajaur district.
The Prime Minister expressed his deep sadness following the martyrdom of 11 members of the security forces and an innocent civilian during this attack. He offered prayers for the elevation of the ranks of the martyrs and offered condolences to their families. He also prayed for the speedy recovery of those injured in the blast.
A timely response from Pakistani security forces, the Prime Minister noted that 12 terrorists involved in the attack had been neutralized. He congratulated the armed forces for achieving major successes against terrorism under the ‘Azm-e-Istehkam’ vision.
Prime Minister Shehbaz asserted that the entire nation stood with Pakistani forces in the fight against terrorism and reiterated the government’s resolve to eliminate all forms of terrorism from the country.
Read: Three terrorists killed, three policemen martyred during CTD operation in Shangla
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister Sohail Afridi has taken notice of a suicide attack on an FC check post in Malangi area of Mamund tehsil in Bajaur district and strongly condemned the incident.
In a statement, the chief minister termed the martyrdom of security personnel and a girl in the attack as tragic. He said relief agencies had been directed to carry out immediate and comprehensive relief operations after the blast.
Afridi said efforts were being intensified to recover individuals trapped under the rubble, adding that the provincial government stood in solidarity with the families of the martyrs.
He said such cowardly acts of terrorism cannot weaken the nation’s resolve and stressed that a comprehensive and effective strategy was essential for the complete elimination of terrorism.
“Terrorism is a collective challenge for the entire country,” he said, adding that operations against elements hostile to peace in the province would be further accelerated.
Learn more: CDF Munir, Saudi Defense Minister discuss joint efforts to promote global peace and security
Federal Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi has congratulated Pakistani security forces for successfully foiling a terrorist attack carried out by Fitna al-Khawarij on a checkpoint in Bajaur district.
Naqvi expressed sincere condolences to the 11 security personnel who were martyred during the operation and conveyed his heartfelt condolences to their families.
He said the brave troops eliminated 12 terrorists in the process and praised their courage in thwarting the nefarious designs of the terrorists.
“The heroic sacrifices of our martyrs will never be forgotten,” the minister said, adding that the nation will always honor the memory of those who gave their lives to defend the country.




