CTD neutralizes 14 terrorists in IBOs

.

QUETTA:

At least 14 terrorists were neutralized in two separate intelligence-based operations (IBOs) carried out by the Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) in Quetta and Barkhan districts of Balochistan, a spokesperson said on Wednesday.

The first operation took place in Darakhshan, a suburb of Quetta, following credible intelligence indicating the presence of Indian proxy terrorists, the CTD spokesperson said. As the CTD teams advanced, the terrorists opened fire, triggering a violent exchange that lasted several minutes.

“Eight terrorists linked to Fitna al-Khawarij – the term used by authorities for terrorists associated with the banned group Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) – were killed. Three CTD members were injured in the clash and taken to hospital, where their condition is stable.”

The spokesperson said the slain terrorists were actively involved in planning several attacks across the province, including strikes against official installations and civilian areas. A large cache of arms, ammunition, grenades and explosive material was recovered from their possession.

Security was tightened in and around Darakhshan following the raid, with additional law enforcement deployed and surveillance increased to prevent reprisal attacks. Further investigations are underway.

In a separate operation on the same day, CTD teams acted on new intelligence in Barkhan district, where suspected terrorist hideouts were identified. As the forces surrounded the area, the terrorists opened fire, prompting a rapid counter-response.

Six terrorists belonging to Indian proxy Fitna al-Hindustan were killed in the ensuing shootout, while security personnel remained unharmed. Authorities said a significant amount of weapons, ammunition and other sabotage materials were seized at the site.

The CTD spokesperson said the group had been involved in planning subversive activities aimed at destabilizing the security situation in Balochistan, describing the two operations as part of an ongoing campaign to restore peace and weaken terrorist networks across the province.

President Asif Ali Zardari paid tribute to CTD Balochistan for the successful operations in Quetta and Barkhan. In an official statement, he congratulated the personnel for killing 14 terrorists and offered prayers for the speedy recovery of the injured officers.

“CTD Balochistan plays a leading role in protecting the country against terrorists,” the President said, adding that eliminating externally funded terrorism remained a top priority of the government.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif also praised the CTD, particularly hailing Operation Quetta and expressing solidarity with the injured personnel. “CTD Balochistan plays a key role in the war against terrorism,” he said.

Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi echoed these sentiments, praising the professionalism and courage of CTD officers, and commended the department for neutralizing terrorists linked to Fitna al-Hindustan in Barkhan.

As investigations continue, authorities reiterated that counterterrorism operations will continue across Balochistan until terrorist networks are completely dismantled, stressing that recent successes reflect a broader drive to achieve lasting peace in the province.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top